This little notice came up in Windows XP Media Center Edition:
Not even close, Windows MCE. The only things I have plugged in lately are a camera memory chip, an mp3 player, and a USB key.
I also got a message over the weekend that my Sansa mp3 firmware updater had an update. It turned out to be false. The updater updater was nowhere to be found. Maybe I need the updater updater updater...
Labels: windows hardware discovery
PayPal, as of this writing, does not support convenient download to Quicken. Intuit/Quicken have made a transition to OFX
, Open Financial eXchange. They are gradually phasing out the kludgey old QIF process, which eliminates many steps toward getting your data.
- Set up PayPal as a Cash Account in Quicken.
- Enter transactions manually.
- Use a QIF to QFX converter tool (technical users).
Note: You must be comfortable editing and compiling C++ applications.
Downloading your PayPal account history
Your PayPal account history contains detailed information about all of your transactions, including payments sent, payments received, withdrawals, money requests, and more. You can download your PayPal account history into a file that can be used with Quicken, QuickBooks, and most common spreadsheet and database applications. Visit the PayPal Help Center to learn more about downloading your PayPal account history.
Q: How do I download my transaction history?
A: You can download your transaction history from the History subtab. Make sure you write down the location of the file when you download it, to make it easier to find on your computer later.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the History subtab.
- Click the Download My History link.
- Choose the file type and date to download.
- Click Download History.
- Name your file and click Save to download it.
- From Quicken, Click File : Import, and select type QIF.
- Select the file that you downloaded in step 6 and click OK.
This process did fill the new Quicken account with transactions. However, the balance was off, and I have not found a way to update the new account. PayPal needs to catch up with the standard.